ioctl for HID Power devices (Eaton UPS) are always returning 0

Hello,

For quite some time, upower is not properly displaying the information from my Eaton UPS, looking at this it seems that the kernel is not returning the correct information (all values are set to 0). The only data that I can get is when they have actually changed on the device (like the % of charge of the battery or the remaining time of power).

After some investigation it seems that this is happening because of 67ddbb3e6568fb1820b2cc45b00c50702b114801 (that has added HID_QUIRK_NOGET for these devices back in 2012).

Reverting this patch works, but I still experience a lag of around 3 sec (same machine, different UPS) between the time the device is plugged in and the time the HID driver is ready.

Is that expected that the data are not somehow "lazy loaded"? Shouldn't this lag be fixed in an other way? An idea?

Kind regards,

Laurent Bigonville

PS: I already sent this mail to linux-usb, but linux-input is apparently the correct ML.