Re: Adding force feedback for a gamepad (146b:0902 BigBen Interactive Kid-friendly Wired Controller PS3OFMINIPAD SONY)

Hey Simon,

> I was going to comment/ask whether you had changed _BOTH_ hid-core and> hid-sony (as that's something I screwed up before). Seems that you
did,> are you 100% sure the driver is loading?

Yes, and the driver did load.

hid-sony.c had incomplete button mapping and reports back force feedback
functionality that then doesn't work,

while hid-generic.c had full button mapping, yet reports back that no
force feedback can be found.

So it seems that extending hid-generic.c is the better route to go.

> Or you can unbind the driver and experiment directly on it. Easier than> trying to debug 'in kernel'. I've done this sort of thing before in>
python, small script attached which might get you going.

Thanks, that looks super-helpful!

Can you recommend a good primer on HID descriptors and how to use them?

This topic is new to me and the material about force feedback and HID I
found so far is rather dry. I don't quite know how to make sense of the
lsusb output (in https://marc.info/?l=linux-input&m=152285384607009&w=2)
and how to identify the proper rumble i/o protocol.

Kind regards,

Hanno