Re: Lenovo Active Pen 2 and wacom tablet on yoga 920

On 12/08/2017 01:24 PM, Jason Gerecke wrote:
> Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this issue. It looks

No problem at all. Thanks for looking into it!

> like there are several different reasons that we could be getting
> EREMOTEIO from the lower levels. Would you mind running the sysinfo.sh
> script described at [1] and filing a bug to the project with the
> output attached?

Done:
https://github.com/linuxwacom/wacom-hid-descriptors/issues/9

> This should give me an idea of what kind of hardware
> is present in your 920. You might also try doing the following to see
> if anything interesting gets printed to the dmesg log:
>
>     # echo "file drivers/i2c/*.c +p" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
>     # modprobe -r wacom
>     # modprobe wacom

Seems to say:

# echo "file drivers/i2c/*.c +p" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
-bash: /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control: Operation not permitted

> Some of the I2C modules (which I suspect your sensor is using) log
> debug messages prior to returning EREMOTEIO. The above will cause
> these debug messages to be printed to dmesg and then reload the wacom
> module. With luck, we might gain a little more information about
> what's triggering the error.

Sadly not... but I will poke and it and see if I can figure out why it's
not working.

kevin