Re: How to get the kernel to emulate force feedback events?

Resending message. Is the list broken?

On 02/20/2016 08:28 PM, Manuel Reimer wrote:
But what could be the mistake, which allowed me to create a device
driver which actually only supports FF_RUMBLE? Are there any special
driver parameters that have to be present, so the kernel side emulation
gets active?

After searching through the kernel source, I've found some more information. Event emulation is done here:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/input/ff-memless.c

And this is not triggered by the uinput kernel driver at all.

Would it be possible to add this feature to uinput?

Let's say: If only "FF_RUMBLE" is set and the device reports to be only able to handle one ff event, then initialize ff-memless.

I could try to create a patch for that, but it would be nice if someone of the "linux input pros" could at least tell what they think about this? Is this possible at all or is there anything which would make this fail?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Manuel