Re: Unusual Focaltech driver behavior

> Hi Dmitry,
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 5:56 AM, Dmitry Tunin <hanipouspilot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I noticed that myself and got some complaints like this.
>>> https://github.com/hanipouspilot/ubuntu-fixes/issues/2
>>>
>>> General issue is that when one finger is on the touchpad, movement of a second finger is ignored, if the first finger does not move.
>>> Usually with other touchpads, when you have one finger on the touchpad and move the other, it is recognized as two-finger scrolling.
>>> The device itself sends relative packages as normal in that case, but linux driver ignores them, until first finger is moved.
>>>
>>> I guess, Windows driver behaves same way. I can't test it, since I do not have Windows installed on that laptop.
>>>
>>> As I understood, Windows driver ignores that one finger is on button area and recognizes movement of the other as one-finger movement.
>>>
>>> It is clear that we do not know the full protocol or parameters of all touchpad models to have that button area always correct.
>>> But it looks like button area is set when 3rd byte in abs package is 00. There is a good chance that it is common for all touchpad models.
>>>
>>> Do you have ideas how to fix it the easiest way?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Dmitry
>>>

>> I looked at it some more and noticed that if I put one finger on touchpad, then another, then move the second one, rel packets are ignored.
>> But if keeping both fingers on touchpad, I move the first one, rel packets work OK.
>> This is wrong. I can't get what's wrong with the code at the moment.
>

> It looks like your touchpad is in the mouse emulation mode, not the
> raw touch mode. What you get is fed by the touchpad FW ans there is
> nothing we can do in userspace to fix that.
> That being said, there has been a lot of work with the focaltech
> drivers in the previous kernel releases, and maybe trying a v4.0 will
> switch your touchpad in the raw mode.
> Once it is in raw mode, the software buttons, scrolling and gestures
> are all treated in userspace and you will get the expected behavior.
>
> Cheers,
> Benjamin

No, the mouse is in proprietary mode. Multitouch is supported. In emulation mode it is not supported at all.
I am testing actually the driver from kernel 4.0. Everything works great except this strange problem, when some relative packets are ignored.
I mentioned above the test case. Now I added some debug and trying to figure it out. But no success so far.