Re: "i2c_hid: Could not register for interrupt, irq = -1" on Thinkpad Tablet 10

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 09:19:51PM +0800, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> On Monday, February 02, 2015 06:00 PM, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> >>With this patch and IRQF_TRIGGER_LOW | IRQF_ONESHOT, I get an interrupt
> >>flood and the kernel disables the interrupt line. I have reverted it to
> >>IRQF_TRIGGER_FALLING | IRQF_ONESHOT, and the i2c_hid initialization
> >>completes successfully.
> >
> >That shouldn't happen :-(
>
> With this computer nothing is normal. Every single component except the CPU,
> display and USB has major issues under Linux.

We need to get one here then. Can you point me to the exact model?

> >On all the panels I've tried, with or without GPIO, turning the
> >interrupt to active low works. How about Windows, have you tried if it
> >works there?
>
> Yes, the Wacom digitizer works fine under Windows.
>
> >Can you send output of /sys/kernel/debug/gpio when after the kernel has
> >disabled the interrupt?
>
> Attached. The kernel message I get is "byt_gpio INT33FC:00: Gpio 56
> interrupt flood, disabling".
>
> I also get a "byt_gpio INT33FC:02: Gpio 18 interrupt flood, disabling"
> before which seems unrelated.

>  gpio-56  (?                   ) in     lo pad-79  offset:0x4f0 mux:0                  up   20k

This explains, it is low all the time.

Since it has 20k internal pull-up configured, I'm guessing something
(the digitizer) drives it low like it still has something to report. Do
you see in the dmesg if the i2c-hid.c is able to read reports from the
device?