Re: PROBLEM: [HP Stream Notebook - 11-d010nr] clickpad malfunctions after performing a hardware click

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 02:16:48PM -0500, Amordea Whiteoak wrote:
> While I have the ears of the touchpad gods, there is one more tiny
> issue I'd like to report. This may be simply a configuration issue,
> but I would not know how to fix it.
>
> The window for double-tapping (tapping the touchpad twice to simulate
> a double-click) is remarkably brief. Let me be clear, double-tapping
> on the touchpad does work, however if you do not get the second tap
> within about a 200ms window after the first, it seems to fail to
> register as a double-click, counting it as two unrelated single
> clicks--this is an uncomfortably short window of opportunity. A
> temporary workaround seems to be triple-tapping which for whatever
> reason allow for a broader window (much closer to a full second) and
> registers as a double-tap, but that just seems to be a happy accident
> and is certainly not an expected feature. Is there any way to broaden
> that window?

look at option MaxDoubleTapTime, see man synaptics. It's been on 180ms for
at least 8 years though, so unless Ubuntu changed the defaults here nothing
should've changed recently. there's always the chance of a bug in the xorg
driver but do try to figure out if that's a Ubuntu issue first please.

Cheers,
   Peter