Re: [patch]GPIO button is supposed to wake the system up if the wakeup attribute is set

On 2014/4/15 20:38, Laxman Dewangan wrote:
> On Monday 14 April 2014 09:12 PM, Li, Aubrey wrote:
>> ping...
>>
>> On 2014/4/10 18:48, One Thousand Gnomes wrote:

> I think when we say irq_wake_enable() then based on underlying HW, it
> should not turn off the irq if it is require for the wakeup. I mean it
> need to be handle in the hw specific callbacks to keep enabling the
> wakeup irq on suspend also.

I failed to see why this can't be generic to all of the GPIO buttons for
suspend wakeup. Do you see any cases broken by this proposal?

> For me, I have key which is interrupt based from PMIC, not based on GPIO
> and on that if I set it to IRQF_EARLY_RESUME then it works fine.

IRQF_NO_SUSPEND - Do not disable this IRQ during suspend
IRQF_EARLY_RESUME - Resume IRQ early during syscore instead of at device
resume time.

IRQF_NO_SUSPEND is exactly what I want, instead of IRQF_EARLY_RESUME.
Can you please send your proposal/code to help me understand why this
has to hw specific and why IRQF_EARLY_RESUME is better than IRQF_NO_SUSPEND?

Thanks,
-Aubrey