Re: HID vendor access from user space

Hi

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Nestor Lopez Casado
<nlopezcasad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David, Jiri,
>
> After considering our discussion here, which is your position on
> extending the hidraw nodes to include separate nodes for top level
> vendor collections ?

Patches, patches, patches!

I am currently on the road, but it's always easier to see real code
than just the theory. I have no real objections to provide multiple
hidraw interfaces. However, I think that doesn't solve your problem.
For instance, you still need to set proper access-rights on the hidraw
node. However, some other devices might export unsafe interfaces via
vendor-extensions, and you don't wanna make those hidraw nodes
user-accessible. Therefore, you still need a udev-rule to match on
Logitech-stuff. You could do that as a small Logitech-driver in the
kernel. But ok, I'm fine with moving those whitelists to user-space.

Thanks
David