Re: hid-lg2ff handling of zero/low magnitude rumble effects

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Hendrik Iben <Hendrik_Iben@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Elias,
>
> First of all - thanks for caring about compatibility with old devices.
> It would be really annoying if something that worked once stopped
> working on an update.
>
> I just dug out my old Wingman Rumblepad (VID 046d PID c20a) and did the
> test cases (thanks for the tool by the way - might come in handy for
> other things). The first motor for this device controls a weak/smooth
> rumble effect and the second one a strong/coarse one. For both motors,
> values from 00 to 03 have no effect on the haptic side. You can hear the
> motors spinning a bit higher if you hold the pad to your ear... :-) -
> but it sounds like a  linear increase. It similar for the high values.
> FC-FF produce the same high amount of rumble. There might be a small
> increase but not really any difference.
> From these observations I would say that clamping is fine for the
> Rumblepad although not needed. But a special case handling would have no
> positive effect.

OK, thanks for testing! I agree that a special case handling would
have no positive effect.
I tried to contact Edgar earlier past month, but until now I can't
seem to get in touch with him.
If there is no reply in a reasonable amount of time, I'll release the
patch, it won't hurt anyone ;)

Again thanks,
Elias