hid-lg2ff handling of zero/low magnitude rumble effects

Hi,

I noticed that my rumble wheel (Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback)
reacts in a strange way when sending low rumble magnitudes to the
device:

Assume the following USB command to be send to emit rumble:
    report->field[0]->value[0] = 0x51;
    report->field[0]->value[2] = weak;
    report->field[0]->value[4] = strong;
When 'weak' or 'strong' is lower than 0x02 (i.e. 0x01 or 0x00), then
the corresponding rumble motor begins to rumble intermittently, this
resembles a bit to forcing a 2-state light-switch to be in the middle
position.

Now my question is whether all other devices (e.g. "Logitech
RumblePad", "Rumblepad 2") experience this behaviour?
(If you own such a device, please verify this.)

Best regards,

Elias