Logitech G710+ unusable without quirk/driver

[Please CC me on all replys, I'm not subscribed to this list.]

Dear Kernel Devs,
I recently tried to use a Logitech G710+ (because of the nice mechanical keys)
with Linux, which is, outside of X (evdev seems to filter this), not possible.
The keyboard spams „6“ to the console. Some searching yielded, that this is a
known problem and based on that information it seems like the problem is, that
the device sends some key down events during initilisation but no key up event.

This means I can't use the device during boot, as I'm unable to enter the
passphrase for my encrypted filesystem. Or later, the non-graphical interface.

There is an out-of-tree driver
(<https://github.com/Wattos/logitech-g710-linux-driver>) which works for the
non-graphical interface; I haven't managed to convince my initrd to properly
load the driver, even though it is included. The author tried to get feedback
from this list, but didn't receive an answer
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.input/30258>, but maybe that's a
starting point for getting something working into the kernel.

Is there some kind of quirk flag that can be set during boot, that would make
the keyboard at least usable (obviously without the macro keys, but those aren't
that important to me, so that'd be fine)?

Thank you in advance for fixing this issue!

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch