Re: ATMEL MXT224 Touch Controller

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Nick Dyer <nick.dyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The issue which I am facing is that there are many interrupts that comes
>> during the probe and it keeps coming after bootup even if I dont touch
>> the touch panel.
>
> It sounds like your configuration may need tuning.

Your platform may have too much interfering noise that causes false touch
reports.

>> One point which I want to clarify is the use of the RESET pin in the
>> controller. If I dont do a "RESET", the probe fails at the first i2c
>> read/write. I am doing this reset of the touchscreen controller in my
>> board file by the use of a particular gpio. Are you also doing a RESET
>
> Try putting in a delay before the first read, eg 500ms. It may be that the
> chip is not ready, it takes some time to settle after power on.
>
>> I saw a lot of patches from you on this driver, which are not there in
>> mainline yet. Are you using any local patches also?
>
> Daniel does have some other stuff that hasn't been merged yet.
>
> You will also find some official atmel kernel updates, and some useful
> utilities here:
> https://github.com/atmel-maxtouch
>
> It would be desirable to push this work upstream, I don't know of any
> manufacturer which is shipping the unchanged mainline kernel, most of them
> have diverged considerably.

Chromium port of the atmel_mxt_ts can be found here

http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/kernel.git;a=blob;f=drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_mxt_ts.c;h=f11b3c46f82de8fea5a82674ef14e51801e8e3f5;hb=refs/heads/chromeos-3.4

>> Is it possible for you to share your touchscreen configuration
>> parameters as there might be some parameters which I might be
>> configuring wrong?

Open source sample of 224e/s configuration data can be found here
http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/kernel.git;a=blob;f=drivers/platform/x86/chromeos_laptop.c;h=8cec113768a46313b612c0fd0155ddd2bdd389fb;hb=refs/heads/chromeos-3.4