Re: HID regression: Quanta touchscreen, device ID: 0408:3008

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 17:42, Chase Douglas
<chase.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 08:34 AM, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>> The problem relies in the upper layers and not in the kernel: nobody
>> took the time to code a X.org driver that handles true multitouch
>> direct devices. You can eventually use the synaptics one, but you will
>> have to deal with absolute/relative coordinates, and the last time I
>> played with it, it was not convenient as I was not able to make GDM
>> use the absolute coordinate system (I kow I should have patched the
>> synaptics X.org driver).
>
> X now supports direct multitouch devices using the X evdev driver. This
> may be a bug in the X server.

Yes it does, but does it also emulates right-clicks with double tap?
(It's not an attack ;-), it's just a question as I did not followed
the development of XInput 2.2 since a long time...)

thanks,
Benjamin