Re: [RFC] Microsoft Touch Mouse driver [was: Re: your mail]

> >>Any hints on how to do this in userspace? Of course I could hack up
> >>xf86-input-evdev, but I'd like to do this at the highest possible
> >>layer, ie the input subsystem.
> >The application you describe could well be implemented in the driver
> >you submitted; a simple handling of the MT data resulting in normal
> >input events.
>
> Yes, that was my initial idea. But as I had the impression that an
> userspace solution was preferred, I wondered how to solve that.

The conclusion was that as is, the device is unsuitable as an MT
device, needing either further in-kernel conversion or some other,
non-MT way of getting the data to userspace. Converting the data as
you describe, outputting normal input events, falls into the first
category.

Thanks,
Henrik