joydev: support for Saitek PS1000 gamepad

Hello!

I was trying to contact who I think is the maintainer of the joydev
module (vojtech@xxxxxxx), but had no success. Apologies if this list is
not the right target audience, I would appreciate any hints about who is
currently maintaining the module.
It's also possible, that the issue is not related to joydev module
itself. usb-hid could also be involved.

I'm pasting the contents of the mail I had sent:

In the linux kernel documentation you requested information on what
devices this driver currently can't make complete use of.
I have a Saitek PS1000 Gamepad (USB) that has 5 axis and at least 10 buttons,
probably more. (One of the axis is also wired to buttons in the windows
driver.)
The joydev driver does not fully support this device:

Joystick (Jess Technology Co., Ltd. PS1000 Dual AnaloguePad) has 6 axes and 0 buttons. Driver version is 2.1.0.
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
Axes:  0:     0  1:     0  2:     0  3:     0  4:     0  5:-32767

All the axes work but the sixth does not exist on the device. However,
no button is detected which makes it kind of unusable.

If you need more info or need me to compile, test, debug stuff, just ask.
I also attached the lsusb -vv output.

So if anyone has an idea how to deal with the issue, please contact me.
I'm willing to debug this if someone tells me where to dive in or how
the usb input stuff works.

Andreas Hübner
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 06a3:0621 Saitek PLC
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x06a3 Saitek PLC
  idProduct          0x0621
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 Jess Technology Co., Ltd.
  iProduct                2 PS1000 Dual AnaloguePad
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           34
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              200mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              0
        HID Device Descriptor: