Re: Interacting with a input kernel driver from user space

On 11/14/2011 11:17 PM, Oliver Neukum wrote:
Am Montag, 14. November 2011, 19:57:41 schrieb Dmitry Torokhov:
On Monday, November 14, 2011 10:24:17 AM Nuno Santos wrote:
Hi,

I have defined my first attribute in the following way:

static ssize_t usbtouchscreen_update_sensibility(struct device *dev,
                                          struct device_attribute *attr,
                                          const char *buf, size_t count)
{

      printk(KERN_INFO "update sensibility called");

Updating sensibility is always a good thing but I gather you mean
sensitivity here...

BTW this should probably be a per-user setting and belong to the X driver,
not kernel driver. I.e. kernel streams all data and userspace (X) decides
what data do discard according to current user preferences.
Hi,

before we define yet another interface specific to a driver, could we discuss
whether this interface could be applicable to a wider range of devices
Of course. If I can contribute with my little experience for something I would have all the pleasure.

Do you guyz want me to describe my case in detail?

With my best regards,

Nuno