Re: Sony DualShock3 - Detected but no events

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 20:16:51 +0200
Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Antonio Ospite <ospite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It does work for me, vanilla linux-3.1, no userspace support needed for
> > basic USB HID operation.
>
> This is great to hear!
>
> Unfortunatally, not working for me.
> And as the hid-sony is the same for usb and bluetooth I guess I need
> to solve the bluetooth issue first...

USB and bluetooth operation are independent, if I had to guess I'd say
the problem is bluetooth related.

> As I wrote at the beginning of this thread, the js0 and event15
> devices are there, but no events.

Even after pressing the *PS* button _after_ plugging the device in?
Try resetting the joypad using the hole-button on the bottom.

[...]
> Any idea what is the difference? Is there firmware revision or
> something similar?

Try attaching the output of

	lsusb -d 054c:0268 -vvv

and is it an _original_ controller?