autodetecting usb keyboard and required modules from shell

Hi,

I'm trying to find a simple way to detect that usb keyboard is being used in
running system (so the required modules are already loaded etc) and then
figure out which modules drive that keyboard.

The hard part is that I'm trying to do that from shell by simply looking into
procfs or sysfs. (no usbutils, no udev available).

/proc/bus/input/devices looks like good place to start but how to distinguish
keyboards there from other devices (for example my usb keyboard is named
"Winbond Electronics Corp Hermon USB hidmouse Device" there) ?

I see that kernel reports some keyboards as "USB HID v1.00 Keyboard" for
example but does it report that info somewhere in sysfs?

Any hints welcome.

Thanks,
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team