Re: Wishlist: Add support for software-rf-switch in Fujitsu-Siemens notebook

Hello,

I never tried integrating the code into any "standard way". I just needed a quick fix and I do not have much experience with Kernel programming.

I agree that running the code without checking the presence of this HW can have bad side effects (however, I did not experienced any on several different laptops).

I do not have the hardware easily accessible now to provide requested information. I would really appreciate if anybody could take the code and put it into some standard Kernel module.

Please note, that it is not possible to switch the wifi on by emulating some software keys. It really needs to write to some HW ports. I obtained these numbers by reverse engineering the original Fujitsu-Siemens Windows driver.

Cheers,
Martin