Re: [RFC] [BUG?] Sixaxis Value Ranges

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Antonio Ospite
<ospite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So David, did you solve this way?
> I read in Documentation/input/joystick-api.txt that JSIOCSCORR should
> not be used in a normal programs, only in calibration software.

I haven't added any ioctl calls to my programs yet, but I still
consider it for the future.  They aren't being widely distributed
(mostly on other operating systems where alternative input devices are
used anyway), so I am content to monitor API changes to the
calibration settings and adjust them as needed.

> Then I tried jstest-gtk and I was able to get all the values via the
> joystick device too setting minimum and maximum values respectively to
> 0 and 1023.

Using jstest-gtk (and/or jscal) is where I settled for the time being,
although I would like to eventually have better precision "out of the
box", either by a calibration in my applications or changing the
default correction values directly in the driver (which I think is
justified in this case).

Thanks.

David