Re: [RFC] [BUG?] Sixaxis Value Ranges

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM,  <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure that the dead zone is being applied in the device itself, and
> not by the '/dev/input/js0' system?

Sorry if I wasn't clear; it is /dev/input/jsX that loses data.
Reading /dev/hidrawX gives results across the entire 0x000-0x3FF range
as I would expect.

I had actually been reading /dev/hidrawX to get at this data without
issue until a few weeks ago when support was added to /dev/input/jsX.
This dead zone became apparent in my applications immediately after I
tried to switch.

> You could also try to completely disable the 'dead zone' on the joystick
> sub-system.

Are you referring to the JSIOCSCORR ioctl operation here?  Perhaps I
could use this directly in my applications to ensure the
accelerometers' values are more precise whenever they are run.  I
still think too much information is lost with the default setting and
new js_corr values should be considered for these axes, but the ioctl
call should solve the issue in my case.

Thanks for your suggestion.

David