input_polling_devices design question + adxl34x polling mode patch

Hi.

I have a board with an adxl34x (an accelerometer) on a two wire bus. Its interrupt line aren't routed.

So i would like to use the driver in polling mode.

I submit this patch as a beta version of my work.

I tried to reuse the input_polling structure but I'm facing some problems.

The driver has a "rate" attribute that i would like to control when i setup the "interval" attribute of the input_pollling.

And vice versa, when i setup the "interval" attribute i would like to setup the "rate".

So my questions :
Â- Is it possible to reimplement a workqueue for this driver only ? As it seems to have been done yet in other drivers, i wonder if it's acceptable, or if we should avoid this practice.
Â- I think it would be complicated to have hooks in input and input_polling for calling each other. I wonder if i haven't any design problem.

I would need an advice in order to cleaning this patch please.

Thank for your help.

Paul.