Re: [RFC] Port of hid-egalax to the unified hid-multitouch driver

> > This reminds me that we have to switch the other drivers to
> > hid-multitouch too.
>
> That would be nice. I don't see this really being done for the upcoming
> merge window, right Benjamin?

There has been no activity in that direction here either...

> > Actually, I was not in favor of porting this driver into hid-multitouch.
> > eGalax has two differents protocols: one for resistive technology (which
> > is compatible with hid-multitouch in its current form), and one for
> > capacitive technology (which requires the "corrupt packet length"
> > quirk).
> >
> > Apparently, according to the kernel logs the Samsung MB30 is a resistive
> > technology (correct me if I'm wrong). This means that we also need
> > testings for the capacitive one.
> >
> > I'll let the community decide whether we should include this in
> > hid-multitouch. Henrik, Jiri, any idea?
>
> Either directly hid-multitouch, or hid-multitouch-capacitive sub-module
> should be fine.

Maybe it is obvious already, but I think the patch is great. There is
really no reason to split the driver - in particular given that the
manufacturer has ensured similar behavior from both types.

Thanks,
Henrik