Re: which driver to choose for a GPIO connected switch

Alexander Stein <alexander.stein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm just wondering which existing input driver I can choose to use an GPIO
> connected switch. The switch I'm talking about is connected via 3
> (interruptable) GPIOs and those GPIOs can be inverted.

Hi,

How is the switch connected to the three GPIO inputs?

> I think gpio-keys is wrong as they will generate events on each state change.
> Note: The switch is likely to bounce

The gpio-keys driver has debouncing support.

> and the current GPIO state might be invalid (all 3 GPIOs are 0).

Why is this state invalid?

> I also think gpio-keys can't make sure only one switch state is currently
> present. So I may get a current state 1 on 2 or more GPIOs which is obviously
> wrong.

Sorry, I don't understand this.

> My use case is the userspace polls the current switch state if it needs to
> know.

EVIOCGKEY or EVIOCGSW ioctl, perhaps?  You can make it three keys or
switches in the driver, and put the validation logic into user space...

> Do you have any suggestions which driver to use or even write?

Maybe it's just me, but I think you'd better give a clearer description
of your problem to get useful suggestions.
--
Regards,
Feri.