Re: [RFC/RFT] Reinject Alt+SysRq when no hotkeys have been pressed

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 02:43:31PM -0600, Jason Wessel wrote:
> On 11/10/2010 02:27 PM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> >> I applied both patches and tested all the known failures cases I had on
> >> my list and it looks good, for the non kdb cases.
> >>
> >> Tested-by: Jason Wessel <jason.wessel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >>

> >> However...  I also tested this with the kdb keyboard release
> >> patches plus your latest 2 patches and we appear to have an
> >> incompatibility.  The behavior is that when exiting kdb the print
> >> screen trigger fires.  I had not had a chance to debug it as of
> >> yet.
> >>

> > Hmm, let me think...
> >

> So I debugged it.  The key up events are peeled off in linear order
> with the kdb release key code.
>
> The sequence looks like this
>
> down - alt
> down - printScr
> down - g           <-- Enters kdb
>
> The kdb release code simulates the events
> up - g
> up - alt
> up - printScr
>
> That tells me we have something bad about the key events going on, or
> that we care about release ordering in the release handler.

Ah, I see. I bet the shortcut for print screen is actually triggered on
_release_ and X drivers do not filter release events for which they have
not seen presses. Oh well...

Coudl you try sticking somethgin like this into sysrq code?

	case KEY_SYSRQ:

		if (value == 1 ... ) {
		}

		if (sysrq->active)
			clear_bit(KEY_SYSRQ, handle->dev->key);

This is a bit dirty but sysrq is pretty special anyways...

Thanks.

--
Dmitry