input: Synaptics touchscreen driver followup

Hi,

This is a follow up on
 http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg11163.html

I have started to work with synaptics-rmi4 branch using sdp4430 board with 2 TM1217 controllers. I am right now using linux-omap-2.6 kernel

After some modifications and board configuration changes I was able to register all rmi layers however I am still facing some issues, will continue debugging

- Compilation error when built as modules
- Interrupts not being generated but registered
- In polling mode, kernel crash when ts_work_func is executed

If anyone has made some other progress I'll be glad to test changes...

Dmitry,

I have 2 questions,

1. Is it ok to send patches for cleanup or do you prefer functional ones? There are some checkpatch warnings still around

2. Could you please explain more about bus implementation? I have read Documentation/driver-model/bus.txt and wrote some initial code to register rmi as a bus, giving

# ls /sys/bus/rmi/drivers/
# ls /sys/bus/rmi/devices/

>From this point, I am confused on where bus will be in the picture shared by Synaptics team, shown below...

- Does it mean RMI4 Driver will be RMI4 bus and we will keep same application on top of it?

- What about i2c and spi layers? They will be drivers for rmi bus?

- What will be a device for rmi bus? The application?

  |               Application              |
  |                RMI4 Driver             | Data Layer
  |                (this file)             |