Re: [RFC] Infrared Keycode standardization

Em Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:30:42 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Em Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:50:27 +0200 (CEST)
> Patrick Boettcher <pboettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> > > Ok, I have a code that handles the above for dvb-usb. Se enclosed. It turned to be
> > > simpler than what I've expected originally ;)
> >
> > Yeah, this is due to the nature of modularity of dvb-usb.
>
> Yes, but I was afraid that we would need to use a different struct for IR's.
> This feature is already available for years at V4L, but the tables needed to
> use scancode as their indexes to use the default handlers (I'm not sure, but
> afaik, in the past there weren't ways to override them).
>
> > Saying that, all
> > drivers which have (re)implemented IR-handling needs to ported as well. Or
> > included in dvb-usb :P .
>
> My suggestion is to port the current implementation to ir-common.ko. This
> module is not dependent of any other V4L or DVB specifics and has already
> some code to handle GPIO polling based and GPIO IRQ based IR's. It contains
> some IR tables for IR's that are used also on dvb-usb, like Hauppauge IR
> keycodes.
>
> Yet, we will need first to change ir-common.ko, since it is currently using the
> tables indexed by a 7bit scancode (due to size constraints, V4L code discards
> one RC5 byte), but this is already on our todo list (due to keycode
> standardization).

Ok, I've did several changes on both V4L and dvb-usb IR implementations. They
scancode tables are now implemented at the same way, at:
	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/IR

I've also added there the current version of the getkeycode/setkeycode patch.

Ah, the v4l2-apps/util/Makefile will now generate the scancode userspace tables
for DVB IR's as well (currently, we have 85 IR layouts generated from source files).

What's still missing:

- For now, V4L is still using internally the old decoding process, based on the
7bit array of keycode.

- I haven't yet added some extra empty data at dvb scancode tables;

- although they're using the same structs, the code is still different.

Please review.

Cheers,
Mauro