Re: [RFC] Infrared Keycode standardization

Em Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:36:36 +0300
Ville Syrjälä <syrjala@xxxxxx> escreveu:

> I welcome this effort. It would be nice to have some kind of consistent
> behaviour between devices. But just limiting the effort to IR devices
> doesn't make sense. It shouldn't matter how the device is connected.

Agreed.

> FASTWORWARD,REWIND,FORWARD and BACK aren't very clear. To me it would
> make most sense if FASTFORWARD and REWIND were paired and FORWARD and
> BACK were paired. I actually have those two a bit confused in
> ati_remote2 too where I used FASTFORWARD and BACK. I suppose it should
> be REWIND instead.

Makes sense. I updated it at the wiki. I also tried to group the keycodes by
function there.

> Also I should probably use ZOOM for the maximize/restore button (it's
> FRONT now), and maybe SETUP instead of ENTER for another. It has a
> picture of a checkbox, Windows software apparently shows a setup menu
> when it's pressed.
>
> There are also a couple of buttons where no keycode really seems to
> match. One is the mouse button drag. I suppose I could implement the
> drag lock feature in the driver but I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
> It would make that button special and unmappable. Currently I have that
> mapped to EDIT IIRC.

I'm not sure what we should do with those buttons.

Probably, the most complete IR spec is the RC5 codes:
	http://c6000.spectrumdigital.com/davincievm/revf/files/msp430/rc5_codes.pdf
(not sure if this table is complete or accurate, but on a search I did
today, this is the one that gave me a better documentation)

I suspect that, after solving the most used cases, we'll need to take a better look on it,
identifying the missing cases of the real implementations and add them to input.h.

> The other oddball button has a picture of a stopwatch (I think, it's
> not very clear). Currently it uses COFFEE, but maybe TIMER or something
> like that should be added. The Windows software's manual just say it
> toggles TV-on-demand, but I have no idea what that actually is.

Hmm... Maybe TV-on-demand is another name for pay-per-view?

Cheers,
Mauro