Re: RFC: Wacom Bluetooth HID driver, first pass

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 23:59 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Heya,
>
> This is a first pass at a driver for the Wacom Graphire Bluetooth
> tablet, based on work by Andrew Zabolotny[1]. It's mildly tested (eg. it
> works in my very few tests).
>
> I was looking for guidance for the code itself, possibly making it
> easier to merge in the input/tablet/wacom* drivers into it in the
> future, as well as some explanations as to how I'm supposed to reset
> tools, etc. so the user-space drivers (the X.org linuxwacom driver)
> doesn't need special-casing for the device.
>
> Note that it requires a user-space activation to switch to Mode 2, using
> bluetoothd (as the Bluetooth HID doesn't support hid_output_raw_event).
> Patch at:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/bluez/devel/bluez-activate-wacom-mode2.patch?view=markup

A couple of notes:
- the wheel action is reversed, it's a simple fix, done locally
- hidp and the Bluetooth sub-system says it can't probe the device with
error "-14" when hid-wacom.ko isn't already loaded
- I'm getting oopses in hci_conn_del() when the device goes away (eg. I
turn it off).

I'd appreciate any help making this just a tad more stable.

Any comments about the code itself?

Cheers

PS: Original mail at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.input/7078 for the Bluetooth