Re: hid-pidff bug: fails to find all required reports of saitek gamepad

2009/2/12 Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Just rumble. There is only one motor inside. For constant effect motor
>> spins with constant speed, as I understood, this speed is controlled
>> by magnitude. Also it is a place for report fixup: magnitude logical
>> values are -127/127, but actually 1/255 -- 255 is strongest.
>
> Hmm, so it is just rumble ( = periodic), not constant force. But what do the
> periodic effects do then, if constant is rumble? Normally periodic effects
> represent various types of rumble.
Not exactly periodic, but same effect may be achieved using periodic
effect with 0 period.
This constant effect sets constant motor speed (and also could be more
powerful, than periodic).
Periodic effects control motor speed using effect type and parameters,
so speed amplitude graph is sinusoidal or saw-like.
Envelope for constant effect controls effect playback begin and end.
For periodic effects it controls every period, as I understood.

>> I tried this, no result.
>> I think, this problem is connected somehow to log message about
>> maxusage and report_count do not match.
>
> It is not related to those. I see two likely reasons:
> 1) Device needs more initialization; in the dump we see a "Actuators Enable"
> command sent first, and then the vendor report 64 three times with various
> data.
May be. I'll try to find some other PID drivers for windows to see if
it will work without vendor reports.

We do: http://paste.org.ru/index.pl?iyvkmg
Got this log with patch: http://paste.org.ru/index.pl?m4wauv