Re: hid-pidff bug: fails to find all required reports of saitek gamepad

Hello!

2009/2/2 Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I don't understand yet, how to fix this bug, so I'm posting this to
>> maillist with hope on someones help.
>
> The error message means that it can't find reports 0xab (create new
> effect), 0x89 (pid block load), 0x90 (pid block free), that according to
> your html page are in fact there.
>
> Could you provide the output with parameter debug=1 for hid module when
> device is initialized? It prints the raw HID descriptor and the kernel's
> interpretation of it.
> (If you have the hid module built-in, you can use "echo 1 >
> /sys/modules/hid/parameters/debug")

I'm discovering this situation, but haven't got much progress. Now I
consider, that problem is not in hid-pidff, but somewhere deeper, like
in hid_parse_report().

I saw strange things: report for usage 0x90 has empty field->logical
field (should be 0x000f0090, was seen as "checking field->logical ==
0x00000000" earlier), that's why it's ignored. Reports, which are 0x25
and 0x8b, are feature reports and I have no clue yet, why wrong usages
were put into field->logical.

Here is decoded hid descriptor with raw data:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhk68r8j_2gvttgsr8
Here is just raw data: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhk68r8j_38stwrngm