Re: Logitech MX5000 extra keys

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 11:31 +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > Problem is that it's not just a mapping problem, as the keys don't get
> > out of the kernel at all. The code in hid-lg.c looks more like what's
> > required. Not sure whether the magic is the same to enable the extra
> > keys on this keyboard.
>
> It's possible (and, in fact, quite probable), that quirk similar (or even
> the very same) to what is implemented in lg_report_fixup() would be
> neeeded.
>
> You can verify by adding the VID/PID of your device to struct
> hid_device_id lg_devices[] with LG_RDESC flag.

I did, but without success (I didn't see the line "fixing up Logitech
keyboard report descriptor" in the kernel logs). In user-space, the
device needs to be poked to get the device to do something when the
extra keys are pressed. I guess something similar is needed here.

I'll leave work on this for a while until I get more time to experiment.

Cheers