Re: new modular hid?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> I would agree with Michael here, it looks like we went a bit overboard
> with HID quirks. I think sensible solution would be to merge quirks into
> 3-4 files (one per device type) and maybe even compile keyboard quirks
> into hid core.

It might seem a too bit too much fine-grained right now, but my
longer-term plan was to have more sophisticated drivers also register
themselves to the HID bus, make use of the common parser, etc (Wacom comes
to mind, for example).

Having the quirks grouped together rather than nicely separate would then
bring us close to the previous total mess, when unrelated quirks were
glued together randomly in the spaghetti-code-way, which I really would
like to avoid as much as possible, it started to become unmaintainable.

--
Jiri Kosina