Re: Adding 'half shutter' definition to 'input.h'

Hi, Dmitry,

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Kim, Jiri,
>
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:51:11AM +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Kim Kyuwon wrote:
>>
>> > Because Jiri Kosina personally agrees with adding the [half]shutter key
>> > yesterday, I'm sending this patch. (Thanks Jiri)
>> > New cameras and mobile phones (at least SAMSUNG's) have the half shutter for
>> > 'auto-focus' functions. so I think this half and full shutter keys are needed.
>> > Please review this patch.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> please note the "if there is any in-kernel code that actually uses it"
>> part of my e-mail. Adding just the key definition without any kernel code
>> actually using is not likely to happen.
>>

> Additionally I don't think we need 2 new codes. We have KEY_CAMERA that
> is supposed to be sent when we want to take the picture, so only one new
> is needed. Probably should call it KEY_FOCUS or KEY_CAMERA_FOCUS.
>
> --
> Dmitry

OK, It seems like your suggestion is better mine :)
(Personally I prefer KEY_FOCUS to KEY_CAMERA_FOCUS )
And I would be really satisfied, if any key which can represent the half
shutter is added to 'input.h'

Thank you for thinking this issue again.
If there are further steps that I can take, please let me know.

--
Kim Kyuwon