Re: Slow boot due perhaps to locks in mouse and platform system

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
the real thing is to not wait on this while booting;
my fastboot git tree has the patches to fix that part..

Hi Arjan,

Actually I got your fastboot tree yesterday and have been using your bootgraph.pl script to track down things like this "pcspkr takes 2 seconds" problem. But I haven't yet got the async initcalls to work. I'll admit that I haven't really looked into it yet, but I'm guessing that either I have messed up with git and I don't really have your fastboot tree at all, or there is some config option that I need to toggle somewhere. Can you give me a clue? (And in general, where would you prefer to discuss fastboot-related things? I have posted another message related to pcie hotplug, which I need because I have wireless networking enabled and which currently adds 4 seconds to the boot, here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.pci/1311)

Cheers,  Phil.