Re: No standard touchscreen driver for Samwell Ruggedbook Tablet PC 800. Which to use?

Hi Igor,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:54:23PM +0400, Igor Zhbanov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have Samwell Ruggedbook Tablet PC 800:
> http://www.ruggedbook.com.tw/product_view.asp?ID=50
>
> It has 4-wire resistive touchscreen controlled by PIC16F819. Microcontroller
> has 10-bit ADC and it seems to be connected to PS/2. (I have no idea what
> is inside PIC's ROM.) Under Windows device works well with Wacom Tablet PC
> and PanJit TouchSet drivers (the later is not proprietary for this device).
>
> Under Linux I can capture events from /dev/input/event2 device. So I
> have written
> simple program that dumps data in hexadecimal view.

[ skip reverse-engineering effort of Linux event protocol, see
  include/linux/input.h and struct input_event in particular ]

> Now is the main question. Is there a driver suitable for this protocol
> or it should be written? Have you seen this protocol in another touchscreen
> controllers already?

It looks that the device works in PS/2 compatibility mode. There seems
to be a driver on PanJit web site with some crude support, have you
tried it?

--
Dmitry