Re: [rft]powermate runtime pm

Am Donnerstag 03 Juli 2008 19:43:28 schrieb Dmitry Torokhov:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 05:53:16PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this should add runtime power management to the powermate driver.
> > In order to do so the driver had to be changed to provide open & close
> > methods. Please test.
> >

> I was workinf on adding suspend and resume hooks to input devices to
> reset them into sane state automatically. I am wondering if I should
> call driver's suspend and resume only for open input devices and

If you do that open() would have to redo all initialisation work probe()
would do.

> provide mutual exclusion with open and close. DO you think it will
> help with reagrd to adding autopm support to USB devices?

Mutual exclusion is a very good idea. And telling input devices that
they are open is also a good idea. But this will be difficult, as open()
will almost certainly wish to do as memory allocations can trigger
an autoresume.

	Regards
		Oliver