Re: uinput oopses and bugs

HI Aristeu

> first, please keep the mailing list on Cc. two reasons: first, I may not
> be able to answer other questions; second, other people may have the
> same problems you do and this discussion can be useful for them.

Last time the mail from the list bounced again although I've explicitely
subscribed to linux-input@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but nevermind

> > Still the EV_FF makes EV_LED and EV_SND not working.
> will work on that next.

Hope the reproducer works for you, it's a bit clumsy written
but I hope it's useful to track this LED and SND disabling by
FF

> > There is also a still issue with segfault and unkillable driver.
> > I upload custom FF effect, driver segfaults but doesn't exit
> > and becomes zombie
> please test the attached patch

The patch now avoids the zombie lockup coming from segmentation
fault.  Thanks a lot, that is great step forward!

However it's still not clear to me why do I get this segmentation
fault when I try to upload a block of FF_CUSTOM sample data.
I made my code mainly from looking at the kernel source without
having any example - anyone on the list can point link to some small
code example?

in uinput-zombie, I've prepared the data in application, ioctl'ed them
to uinput event device and the uinput driver segfaults when
it tries to read the portion of  FF_CUSTOM data.

Best regards, Davor