Re: rfkill-input understanding help

On Saturday 12 January 2008 00:32:40 Carlos Corbacho wrote:
> On Friday 11 January 2008 20:34:09 Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 2008 2:08 PM, Ivo van Doorn <ivdoorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Perhaps the rfkill-input needs to be registered before input
> > > devices are being registered. But I am not sure, Dmitry propably
> > > knows more about possible ordering requirements for input
> > > device and input trigger registration.
> >
> > No, it is ok for rfkill-input handler to be installed later, but of
> > course it will miss any events that happen before.
>
> Unfortunately, moving the load order of rfkill-input doesn't solve my
> acer-wmi problems:

Some experimentation shows that something is going wrong in input.c -
rfkill_connect() is not being executed on the first load of rfkill-input.

Shoving some printk's into input.c shows that it fails in
input_match_handler() on:

	id = input_match_device(handler->id_table, dev);
	if (!id)
		return -ENODEV;

This test always fails for every call of input_match_handler() in
input_register_handler().

Unloading and reloading rfkill-input then somehow causes this test to not
fail, and rfkill-input is then properly registered...

-Carlos
--
E-Mail: carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: strangeworlds.co.uk