Re: booting SLES finishes in emergency shell and root fs on a snapshot - where is root fs defined in dracut ?

> Hi,
>
> i have a SLES 12 SP3 box, which boots in an emergency shell. It seems i have a
> problem with dracut and also with systemd. To both i'm pretty new so sorry if i
> ask
> silly stuff.
> I just can provide you with screenshots because i'm connected to the host with
> an HP ILO RC, which does not allow copy/paste.
> My / is mounted in a snapshot (/dev/sda1):
> https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/21b095deee9143bca13b/
> From where does that come ? I didn't find any configuration saying "take the
> snapshot !". Nothing in /etc/dracut.conf and /etc/dracut.conf.d.
> Au contraire, my dracut.conf says explicitly to not use a snapshot:
> https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/8ac6460ee6e24389b090/
> Also /proc/cmdline says after the boot that it would use the "real" volume, not
> a snapshot: https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/b42304ceabf64f50bb14/
> dracut --print-cmdline says to use the snapshot:
> https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/112f657bd05b42468600/
> I configured my initramfs again:
> https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/0332cc0dab324c32addf/
> That's the result: https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de/f/dfaf1e15cba647deb420/
> . I see several root fs. From where does the snapshot comes ?

Hi,

i found the configuration of the snapshot for the root fs in the initrd in
/etc/cmdline.d/95root-dev.conf. Is that the culprit ?
If i change the calue to one w'd like to have how can i re-insert the file into the initramfs ?

cpio ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671