RE: systemimager-dracut: devel help needed (root= known only in initqueue)

After digging, I've discovered that systemd-fstab-generator that should generate
 /run/systemd/generator/sysroot.mount only reads /proc/cmdline (and /etc/fstab and /sysroot/etc/fstab). It seems to ignore env($root) or /etc/cmdline.d/whatever_that_defines_root.conf

Thus, I assume that:
1/ /dracut-state.conf is USELESS in that matter
2/ /etc/cmdline.d/<whatever_defines_root=>.conf is USELESS in that matter

=> Then what is the propper way to have filesystem correctly mounted?

solution 1: mount /sysroot only in pre-mount hook? (and have the fstab generator read /sysroot/etc/fstab?
solution 2: write a systemimager-sysroot-generator and trigger it with systemctl daemon-reload?
solution 3: something I'm missing?

Thanks for any advise on how to behave cleanely in having /sysroot correctly mounted .

--
   Olivier LAHAYE