Re: Update FC22 - doesn't find root fs and doesn't boot

And already we have fought for this user's side simplification, but it seems developers are very persistent when they do not need to be.

In the past changes with this effect were reverted. This time they were not. This generally just affects people upgrading, as anaconda has been adding the needed stuff on the kernel command line for a while now.

You can also hostonly_cmdline=yes to the dracut config or set hostonly=no if you are willing to have a larger initramfs file. The latter will also help if you switch out hardware.

I am not sure why hostonly_cmdline=yes is not the default when hostonly=yes. That would seem to be a better default.