Re: why not install selinux with systemd being used

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 02:25:12PM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 04:18 AM, Dave Young wrote:

> >> Do you have to load the selinux policy in the initramfs?
> >> systemd does it after switching to the real root.
> >>

> > After crashing happens, under kdump kernel we need copy vmcore to
> > filesystem with right selinux attributes. But we are also discussing if
> > it's better to relabel them after machine restart..
>
> What do you do, if the rootfs is broken?

Hi Harald,

I guess run fsck and try to repair it. If that does not work, I think
all bets are off. One will not be able to boot that system back into
same rootfs.

> Relabeling seems to be a better solution, IMHO.
> In theory the relabeling service can also be triggered, when the partition
> containing the crash is mounted.

I was hoping that people will put an entry into fstab file for crash
partition so that it automatically gets mounted every reboot. And kdump
service can possibly be launched after that.

> I agree, that there is a problem, if the crash partition is mounted only readonly.

It indeed is a problem. Partners want crash partition mounted read only
to avoid any possibility of somebody writing to it and filling up the
space.

> I will put selinux back in the fedora packages, if you really need it.

I think it is a good idea to put selinux back in atleast for the time
being. This will help with the default case atleast (dump to /var/crash).

For rest of the cases we will work on relabeling and hopefully that works
reasonably well.

Thanks
Vivek