Re: Does netroot=isci: option work with latest dracut

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 09:54:26AM -0400, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:12:48AM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> > Am 01.05.2012 18:47, schrieb Vivek Goyal:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On F17, I am trying kdump to an iscsi target. And I am passing a
> > > netroot=iscsi:..... cmdline to dracut. But that does not seem to work.
> > >
> > > Some debugging showed that we do parse the netroot= arguemnt in
> > > parse-iscsiroot.sh but after that nothing happens. Nobody tries to
> > > bring up the iscsi luns.
> > >
> > > I see some code in iscsiroot.sh to call iscsistart to bring up iscsi
> > > luns but that code does not seem to be hooked up. I could not figure
> > > out who calls /sbin/iscsiroot.
> > >
> > > So I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or there is some
> > > disconnect in my understanding of how netroot= options works.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vivek
> >
> > did you specify "ip=..." ?
>
> Yes I did specify "ip=..". Even if network is not up, I thought respective
> code will try to bring up iscsi lun and fail. I am not seeing anybody even
> trying to bring up iscsi lun.

I am going through my debug logs. I do see that ip= option has been parsed
and in fact 85write-ifcfg.sh takes care of writing the configuration file
for it. Now who is supposed to bring up eth0?

(I see that mount-sys pre-pivot is running before 85write-ifcfg.sh. Is
this right. a --mount might be mounting a disk which is exported over
network).

Thanks
Vivek