Debian multiarch support

Hello,

I have discovered that some modules fail on Ubunty Natty+ and Debian
Wheezy+ because of their new new multiarch capability. Now they are
migrating libraries to subdirectories that include the architecture
triplet as part of the path:
   /lib/i386-linux-gnu
   /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
   /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

The problem is that actually some modules try to look for some
libraries only at $libdir and $usrlibdir, like the nfs module which
tries to install libnss3* files.

I also have been told that they will allow to mix different binaries
and libraries in the future, for example allowing to install an i386
mount.nfs along with other amd64 binaries.

So I've been trying with something like this:

function multiarchtriplet() {
  ldd $(which $1) | sed -n '/libc/s#.*/lib/\(.*\)/libc.*#\1#p';
}

_libdir=$libdir/$(multiarchtriplet mount.nfs)

for _i in {/usr,}$_libdir/libnss*.so; do
        [[ -e $_i ]] || continue
        [[ "$_i" =~ $_nsslibs ]] || continue
        dracut_install "$_i"
done

Do you like this approach? Or is too Debian specific and should be
fixed at Debian packages?

Regards,

JonAn.