dracut: fstab-sys included with --fstab but not --add-fstab

I'm using dracut-016 to build an initramfs and I am using --add-fstab to
include some additional mount points. I notice that the fstab-sys module did
not get included in the image by default, but it does if I use --mount to
include the fstab entries one at a time.

>From looking at the module, it is checking for this:

95fstab-sys/module-setup.sh:
  check() {
      test -f /etc/fstab.sys || [[ -n $use_fstab  ||  -n $fstab_lines ]]
  }

I think I must be confused about something, but should that $use_fstab be
$add_fstab instead?

My understanding is that --use-fstab is used to change where dracut searches
for the device and file system information for my mount points, to determine
which kernel modules to include; it has nothing to do with the fstab file on
the actual initramfs image that gets produced. Whereas --add-fstab actually
generates an /etc/fstab on the image, and thus it would need the script from
fstab-sys to be included so those file systems get mounted.

Is that right, and this is just a mistake in the script, or do I have
something backwards?

--Mike