Using dracut to build a new initramfs in order to boot from USB hard disk

Hi,

I'm hoping some can help me...

I am trying to get the hard disk that was in my old laptop working as an external drive on my new one. The old machine doesn't work any more and the new machine uses a slim version of the 2.5" disk so the old disk doesn't fit.

The old system is Fedora 15 x64.

Since I have never done this before I spent a few days trying and failing already to get this working.

I am not sure even how to check that I have all the necessary modules even though I did run:

yum install kernel-headers kernel-devel previously

So far I ran:

dracut -d "jdb ext4 scsi_mod sd_mod usb-storage usb-uhci usbcore ehci-hcd uhci-hcd ohci-hcd" initramfs-2.6.41.10-3.fc15.x86_64.img 2.6.41.10-3

in order to create the new initramfs then backed the original one up and simply moved this one into the originals place.

However I'm still getting the error of:

hd1 cannot get C/H/S values

???

The disk works perfectly as am able to mount it through the USB enclosure and it's running USB 3.0 so speed shouldn't be an issue either.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Many thanks,

Kaya