Re: Debian/Ubuntu patches

Hello,

2010/11/9 Seewer Philippe <philippe.seewer@xxxxxx>:

> On 11/09/2010 12:19 PM, Jon Ander Hernandez wrote:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> We need iputils-arping and not the standard arping. Mind checking if you
>>> are
>>> using the correct package?
>>
>> $ dpkg -S `which arping `
>> iputils-arping: /usr/bin/arping
>>
>> $ arping -V
>> arping utility, iputils-sss20100418
>
> Thanks for checking. Now i'm confused. Because arping's invocation (sudo
> arping -f -w 60 -I eth0 ...) on my 10.10 works flawless.

Well now I'm also confused... I tested it sometime ago and it failed,
but now it works. May be I did something strange at that time, because
I was doing weird things to discover what was failing till I found the
arping issue. Maybe I should test everything with a different switch.

> Is dracut
> "throwing" an error when calling arping or is it the "Resolving $dest via
> ARP on $netif failed" message?

I've tested dracut without commenting the arping line and yes, I get :

dracut: FATAL: Resolving 192.168.30.1 via ARP on eth0 failed
dracut: Refusing to continue

No root device found

Boot has failed, sleeping forever