Re: New rd.* namespace for dracut-008

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 05:17:40PM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> I cleaned up the kernel command line parameters and moved them to the
> rd.* namespace. The deprecated options are supported until dracut-010 and
> will be removed afterwards.

hmm as initramfs-tools hasn't cleaned up it's namespace yet,
this is a good point to jump in ask more details:

* what does rd stand for?

* is it envisaged to be used by other tools
  (or should initramfs-tools use it.break)?

I'd appreciated more info on the background of this move as
it can't be painless.

thanks.

--
maks